Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Shaver, a Tea Light, and Two Charging Cables...

With a wooden stake in hand, Killa and I have begun searching my home for possible vampires. I think I may have found a few. I've identified a suite of little chargers and devices I've unnecessarily kept plugged into outlets in my bedroom over the past year. An electric shaver in the bathroom, a rechargeable tea light set in the bedroom, and charging cables for both my cell phone and my digital camera. Sure they look innocent, but are they guilty of surreptitiously bleeding me dry? Let their trial commence!!

I hooked the suite of gadgets and chargers up to a single power strip and plugged the whole thing into the Kill-A-Watt to figure out the aggregate effect of leaving these suckers connected to a continuous flow of 120 volts. I'll leave them plugged for 24 hours to figure out how much energy they consume in just one day. In a nod to legal principles we all hold dear, I'm gonna consider these gadgets innocent until proven guilty. But I suspect they're gonna need a goooooood lawyer...

No comments:

Post a Comment