Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meet My Little Friend Killa...

Having exposed the potential presence of vampires in my own home, I figured I needed to surround myself with some protection. I began trolling for help online and happened upon a nifty little site called SmartHome. For only $25.00, I was able to arrange the purchase of a real-deal Killa.

The Kill-A-Watt is an energy meter designed to expose the actual consumption of appliances that might otherwise be difficult to discern. While most electronic devices bear documented consumption rates, energy use can vary greatly on whether the device is starting up, running a heavy load, or on standby. The Kill-A-Watt can help ferret out the truth-- just plug it into an outlet and plug in your device-- the Kill-A-Watt begins logging energy use in kWh. Sweet!

Now if you'll excuse me... its time to experiment with my little agent-for-hire!

No comments:

Post a Comment